Teacher/Lecturer in Creative Industries
Hours of work: 18.5 hours per week (Tues, Wed & Thurs)
Unqualified Salary: £12,564 - £13,321 per annum (actual salary for 18.5 hours)
Qualified Salary: £13,720 - £15,900 per annum (actual salary for 18.5 hours)
Duration: This post is fixed term until 09 July 2021.
We are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic Teacher / Lecturer in the Creative Industries to join our successful Media & Design team. With a strong focus on high quality teaching and learning, this is an excellent opportunity to join an established, talented, and supportive team. You will coordinate a range of Diplomas in Media and Design and contribute to the development and organisation of the curriculum as a member of the team.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in the Creative Industries, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of students, by providing them with the skills, knowledge and training required to enable them to achieve their goals; while contributing to the provision of an excellent learner experience.
We are looking for someone who has up-to-date industry knowledge, a passion for the Creative Industries and education and is confident in both practical and theoretical Creative Industries delivery, including but not restricted to Media, Photography, Graphics and Games.
You will join a committed and supportive team, who have a range of interests and skills and a passion for the Creative Industries education. This is an exciting time to join our team as we continue to grow our offer and develop our courses in the Creative Industries.
So, if this opportunity sounds like something you’re interested in, then why not apply…
To find out more about our curriculum and the courses we offer visit:
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Creative Industries, you should have:
- Degree in the Creative Industries (or other related discipline)
- GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or Level 2 equivalent
- Experience of teaching Creative Industries related subjects both practical and theoretical
- Experience of working with 16-18 year olds, ideally in a teaching capacity
- Relevant industry experience
See what we have to offer and come and join us….
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave pro rata + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Wednesday 2 December 2020
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.