We are looking for a business or community leader in our district to contribute their skills and experience to our College to help us achieve our vision “to be an outstanding college at the heart of the Wakefield District”.
We currently have a vacancy for an individual able to provide vision and strategic leadership to the College.
Being a Governor is a voluntary role, unpaid but highly rewarding, and this is a particularly exciting time to be involved with the College. We have a challenging agenda including:
- to further improve the quality of teaching and learning at the College, with the aim of giving our students better outcomes, be that in continuing their education at the College or at university, or in gaining employment;
- to understand the needs of employers, to help local businesses grow and contribute to economic prosperity in the district;
- to develop higher education and consolidate the success of the College’s apprenticeship provision;
- to form strategic partnerships within the Wakefield District to help shape key initiatives; and
- to form strong relationships with our district’s schools and, where appropriate, work with them in the provision of education.
If you have the ability and commitment to contribute towards these goals, we would love to hear from you.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 1 December 2020. Interviews will be held shortly after.
For further information, please visit: https://www.wakefield.ac.uk/about-us/corporate-information/governance Should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us via Sam Cremore, our Clerk and Legal Officer at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest.
Andrew McConnell OBE, Chair of Governors