Interim Head of Department in Art and Design (Fixed-term Contract)
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for an Interim Head of Department to become a key member of our Art and Design department.
As an Interim Head of Department in Art and Design, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Leading the management of all aspects of the operation and development of the Department working within the College’s management framework to deliver high quality learning programmes with high levels of student success and an unbeatable student experience
- Proactively contribute to achieving the College’s Strategic Plan
Our ideal candidates will have experience of relevant work experience in the sector to underpin subject leadership with credibility and authority and experience of teaching successfully across a range of levels, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree level qualification
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert Ed or equivalent)
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year, pro rata
318.2 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
End date of 26th March 2021
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on 25th November 2020.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
Please apply via the link