Learning Support Assistant
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Kia Car Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Church Street, Stapleford, Nottingham, NG9 8GA
Supporting documents Values Behaviours (pdf)
Nottingham College is looking for suitable candidates to support adult students with barriers to learning. There are vacancies across several curriculum areas. These include Creative Industries; ESOL; Lifestyles and Science, Health and Care. Previous applicants need not apply.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
· To work in a non-teaching capacity, as a Support Assistant for Adults with barriers to learning.
· To support student’s development of literacy and / or numeracy skills.
· Provide support out of class to help achieve the learning aims of students, by feedback, reviewing and modification of support plans and work towards the students’ independence.
· Collaborate with teaching staff to ensure support targets and/ or strategies are fully embedded.
· To develop strategies and support students with poor attendance, financial difficulties and other challenges that impact their learning.
· To proactively promote Safeguarding practice, EDI and Health and Safety
· To ensure all associated administrative duties are performed within the time restraints.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
There are both Permanent Part Time and Variable Hours Posts available.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Kevin Glazier at Kevin.Glazier@nottinghamcollege.ac.uk
Interviews/assessments are planned for w/c TBC
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
Please apply via the link