Apprentice Digital Engineering Technician
Process Steels Ltd
This is a varied role, providing you with the all the relevant skills and experience for a successful career in this area. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Weekly wage £161.85
Working week Monday - Thursday 09:00 - 17:00 and Friday, 08:00 - 15:00
Total hours per week: 39.00
Expected duration 2 years
Possible start date 03 Jan 2021
You will be part of the design team, responsible for; Producing 2D CAD drawings that will be used to construct engineering projects.
Duties will include:
- Producing 3D CAD models to be used for the manufacture of engineering construction projects. Attend design team meetings
- Attend site visits from time to time
- Liaise with clients, customers, colleagues and suppliers via telephone, email and face to face
- Work as part of a team to produce drawings that will be used to make specific construction related projects
Using BIM methods, processes, and procedures. For the right person, there is the opportunity to develop skills in design and drawing techniques within a fastpaced, busy workplace.
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be able to produce drawings and designs to industry standards and regulations, including BIM.
As an Apprentice; you will initially attend the Cadcoe Academy where you will learn how to use CAD software for 2D and 3D modelling.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Computer literacy is essential: Candidates must be competent in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience of CAD software is not essential as full training will be given
Candidates should have:
- Good attention to detail Problem solving skills
- Excellent numerical skills
- A general interest in design and engineering
- Willingness to learn a new skill
- Tenacity and resilience
- Commitment, drive and flexibility
- The confidence to communicate effectively at all levels
- 3 GCSE passes (A-C / 8-4 or equivalent), including mathematics, English and a Science, or equivalent qualifications
- Once you have completed your apprenticeship, you will have the chance to work as a qualified digital engineering technician, which in turn can lead on to design office manager or other senior level roles within the organisation
Things to consider
- The role of a digital engineering apprentice could be the first step into a varied and exciting career! You will need to have an interest in engineering and design, alongside the ability to manage your time well and work to strict deadlines
- The role is mainly office-based, but there will also be opportunities to visit different sites, where you will be able to see what you have designed come to life
- You will need to be aware of, and work to different industry standards
- A mentor will work alongside you to support your development during the apprenticeship but you will also need to take responsibility for managing your own workload and show initiative
To apply for this post, please follow the link.