Teaching Assistant 14-16
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College – is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Term Time* Key Stage 4 Teaching Assistant.
Requirements for the role:
- Hold or be willing to work towards Level 2/3 Learning Support or Teaching Assistant qualification
- Hold a minimum of GCSE grade C or Level 2 (National Qualification Framework) in English (Literacy) and Maths(Numeracy)
- Demonstrate outstanding rapport with students to support learning and achievement.
Responsibilities for the role:
- To undertake learning support for learners in the classroom
- Proactively work with the Schools Team and Additional Support to identify high risk students who need specialist support, one to one Literacy and Numeracy and small group work. Ensure delivery of support happens in a timely manner
- Promote and support the inclusion of all students in the learning activities in which they are involved and recognize and respond effectively to equal opportunities issues as they arise
The Location: The post is based at our Nuneaton Campus. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- Salary: FTE £18120pa*
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
* Please note the following:
- The salary advertised is for a full time equivalent role i.e. 37 hours x 52 weeks.
- The role is term time only (39 weeks).
- The commencing salary will be adjusted if the number of weeks worked is less than 39 weeks in the first year of employment.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.