Programme Manager, Digital and ICT (Ref: LCC2320)
4 days left
- Full Time
** COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 there may be delays in both the recruitment and onboarding processes. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. **
** We are paying all of our employees (regardless of length of service) full pay should they develop COVID-19 symptoms/where the illness is confirmed. This will be in line with our current scheme, equivalent to our employees with 4 to 12 months of service.**
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
The School of Digital and ICT at Printworks Campus, continues to lead the way for Digital and ICT innovations in teaching and learning, and as such is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and forward thinking Digital Programme Manager to help manage, quality control and innovate within this exciting curriculum sector. The ideal candidate will be contributing towards new and cutting edge course developments such as Digital T Levels, IBM’s P-TECH qualification and E-sports qualifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- The role will involve line management responsibility of Digital Developers, Course Leaders and Digital Educators whilst overseeing quality assurance including internal and external moderation
- Manage activities and strategies to ensure the high retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for identified courses are reached
- Manage the process of creation of individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course to ensure groups of learners are on track to achieve their potential
- Ensure effective delivery of sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods, for identified courses
- You will have a quality focus and to continually seek out improvements in the Digital and IT curriculum to enhance the levels of provision
- Lead, manage and improve the digital skills enhancement of all staff
- You will possess an up to date and current knowledge of the Digital and IT landscape
- Proven experience of successfully improving levels of quality in managing a team and a good understanding of online and distance learning, innovative learning technologies, remote working and managed learning environments such as Google Classroom
Hold a Level 5 (or above) Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
Have the relevant, highest level vocational qualification or degree in ICT or relevant subject
Have English and Maths qualifications at Level 2 or above, with a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to Level 3 or above
Have relevant up to date subject knowledge and evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Experience of positively managing student and group progression, advice and guidance in a school or Further Education setting, with positive outcomes
- Experience of supervising/managing staff to ensure high performance
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension scheme with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to the vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the Safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
To apply for this role, please follow the link.