Early Years Educator Apprentice Level 3
Employer Name: St Chad's Academies Trust
To support the learning within the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage). To plan and deliver activities to groups of children and to inform the team about progress. To be a valuable member of the team ensuring the quality of the provision is at least good. Fixed term for 18 months (for the duration of the course). This is a Term Time Only position.
Statement of Purpose:
Under the direction of the teaching staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher. Provide general support to the teacher or room leader in the care of pupils, and management of the classroom. Assist teacher/room leader in the following:
Support for Pupils
- Assist children in matters of personal needs and their general health
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety
- Encourage pupils to interact with each other and engage in activities led by staff members
- Contribute to the creation of an appropriate learning environment through display and classroom organisation
- Ensure that appropriate learning resources are available for the pupils
- Within the academy’s behaviour policy, apply behaviour management strategies and techniques to manage behaviour constructively and contribute to a purposeful learning environment
Support for the Curriculum
- Use ICT effectively to support learning activities
- Contribute to development of academy policies and procedures by participation in working groups
- Contribute to the development of the EYFS curriculum provision within the setting
- The development, preparation and dissemination of appropriate materials
- To be aware of, and maintain, specific academy policies that relate to pupils in the classroom, i.e.; behaviour, equal opportunities and feedback where applicable
- Attend training sessions for CPD purposes as required
Support for Parents
- To support the maintenance of positive links between home and academy by making parents feel welcome and develop links with other agencies.
Support to School
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with
- Be involved in and contribute to whole academy policy development
- Ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Liaise effectively with teachers/parents/guardians, welfare officers, health visitors and other professional staff as part of the routine consultative process
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- As requested by the line manager, the post holder will be required to undertake their duties in order to address specific requirements of the role
- The post holder will also need to answer routing queries from the children and classroom staff as necessary
Any other duties which are commensurate with the grading of the post.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.