Head of School – Health & Social Sciences
Established in 1974, David Game College is an Ofsted inspected, QAA reviewed and OfS registered independent FE/HE College with a reputation for quality and academic excellence.
With an expanding course portfolio and growing student body we are now looking to recruit a dedicated academic with proven managerial experience and a track record of excellence in delivering outstanding education and contributing to a high-quality student experience, to join the College team from November 2020.
The opportunity to lead a newly formed School that requires an individual who can bring not just the academic and leadership skills necessary, but also a vision to inspire others and the ability to manage people and performance, both internally and also with external partners and stakeholders.
More specifically, you’ll be the focal point driving and motivating your colleagues to ensure we continue to provide and develop high quality, innovative teaching that will attract and inspire students, as well encouraging collaboration to extend and strengthen our provision.
We’re looking for a strong academic track record in Health Sciences, gained in HE or any other relevant arena, coupled with a demonstrable desire to create a modern, innovative learning environment in today’s competitive market.
- To provide visible leadership and focus for the future development of the School within the context of existing and future strategic plans.
- To develop and implement the School academic plan in line with the strategic objectives of the College.
- To lead the current and future development and delivery of the School course portfolio to ensure provision is of high quality, innovative and produces motivated, highly professional an employable graduates.
- To ensure the quality of the student experience, student progression and retention, quality assurance and enhancement and the maintenance of academic standards across the School portfolio.
- To ensure target student numbers across the School portfolio are met for financial viability.
- To participate effectively and collegiately within the College on projects and initiatives as required. To liaise effectively and coordinate with other Schools.
Candidates must hold a postgraduate degree or equivalent with a minimum of two years of programme management and teaching experience. A related professional qualification would be an advantage. Experience with delivering blended learning is also desirable. In summary:
- Higher Degree qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Relevant Knowledge and Experience
- Academic credibility evidenced by strong subject specific knowledge with evidence of relevant continuous professional development.
- Experience of developing and maintaining networks internally and externally through strong stakeholder networking and relationship building skills
- An academic with a passion to create a modern, innovative learning environment
- Experience of quality assurance and enhancement processes with evidence of curriculum design, course approval/validation, appraisal processes and Institution Subject Led Subject Review.
- Experience of working with external agencies/commercial partners
- Experience of leading and developing staff at all levels
- Experience of managing change in challenging and dynamic environment
- Commitment to the values of the College
- Experience of contributing to strategic management decisions.
Note: This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To Apply for this role, please follow the link.