Teacher / Lecturer in Business
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Unqualified salary: £25,130 - £26,644 per annum
Qualified Salary: £27,441 - £31,802 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a successful, friendly and supportive teaching team within Wakefield College. As a Teacher / Lecturer in Business, you will teach across a range of Further Education courses in the Business provision and contribute to the development and organisation of the curriculum as a member of the broader department team. The successful candidate will be required to lead on the Level 3 Diploma qualification and offer a preferred specialism in Accounting & Finance.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Business, you will pass on your experience, knowledge and skills to our students in order to help support them in improving their own skills and attributes that can lead to successful employment or further study.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Business, you should:
- Have a degree in a relevant subject area
- Have experience as a teacher/lecturer in Business in FE
- Hold GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent (9 - 4)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
- Confident in delivering Accounting & Finance at Levels 2 and 3
- An up-to-date knowledge of a range of related subjects including the Business Environment, Marketing, Business Law, International Business, Ethics, Retail and Visual Merchandising
- Confidence in developing and managing an exciting curriculum for our students
- The ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- A willingness to collaborate with employers to help prepare our students for employment and future roles within the Business sector
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 30 October 2020
Interview date: Monday 9 November 2020
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.