Student Services Co-ordinator
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering and Wellingborough campuses for a Student Services Co-ordinator to become a key member of our Student Services department.
As a Student Services Co-ordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Working with the Achievement and Wellbeing Manager to ensure effective delivery of careers information, advice and guidance to Bedford College Group Students and potential students
- Working closely with the Achievement and Wellbeing Manager in the design and delivery of a cross-college Careers programme for students
- Leading and implementing the bursary process, to assess any applications for financial support and provide advice and guidance to students in need
- Providing a personal service, offering support or referral for pastoral, health/welfare and financial matters.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of successfully working with adults and young people, both 1:1 and in groups and awareness of, and empathy with, the needs of students, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good all-round level of education to include Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2)
- Level 3 qualification (e.g. ‘A’ Levels or equivalent)
- Degree Level qualification
- High level of computer literacy skills
- Willingness to work towards Level 6 CEIAG qualification
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
20 hours per week (0.4386 FTE) / 40 weeks per year
264 hours (25 days) holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this post, please follow the link