Teacher / Lecturer in Animal Care and Management – Access and HE
Hours: 37 hours per week
Unqualified salary: £25,130 - £26,644 per annum
Qualified salary: £27,441 - £31,802 per annum
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Teacher / Lecturer in Animal Care and Management (Access and HE) to join our pro-active and dynamic Animal Care team who all share a real passion for animal welfare.
Our Animal Care curriculum area offers a range of courses from Level 1 to Level 5 and has an animal collection consisting of small mammals, reptiles, and other species. We challenge all our students to realise their full potential and aim to provide high levels of personal support to ensure their success.
This is an exciting new post for our Horticulture and Animal Care Department. You will be required to assist with the development of, and deliver and assess, the CAVA HE Diploma Access to Animal Studies and play a key role in the delivery and assessment of the HND in Animal Management. The CAVA HE Diploma in Animal Studies is a new and exciting development for the College, enabling learners to progress internally to our HND in Animal Management or to external providers.
You will have significant experience of delivering within FE and to adults and will have experience of the quality assurance processes associated with the delivery and assessment of programmes at Level 3, 4 and 5. The successful candidate will also have an interest in or experience of the environmental conservation.
This is an exciting time to join our Animal Care department, having recently relocated to new, purpose-built facilities in the heart of the College. This relocation will enable the Animal Care area to grow and develop the curriculum and expand our animal collection.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Animal Care and Management – Access and HE, you should:
- Hold a relevant degree within this subject area
- Have GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or Level 2 equivalent
- Have experience of working within the animal care / management / conservation industry
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working with 16-18 year olds and adults in a teaching capacity
- Experience of teaching a range of Animal Care and Management courses, including Environmental Conservation
- A track record of good success rates in teaching and learning
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 22 October 2020
Interview date: Provisionally Friday 6 November 2020
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.