Lecturer in Animation
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer in Animation to become a key member of our Art and Design department.
Animation at Bedford College is a popular, well subscribed subject area with excellent industry links and resources. This exciting role will be integral to the development of our current HE provisions at levels 4 and 5 and in its expansion to level 6.
As a Lecturer in Animation, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of Animation/Games Design courses at levels 3, 4, 5, 6.
- Supporting the HOD and Course Manager in the development and Approval of new programmes.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
- Working closely with a passionate team and with our university partner to develop and deliver outstanding provision.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of planning, delivering teaching and assessing of Animation/Games Design courses at levels 3, 4 and 5 and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualifications in Animation/Games Design
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C
- Certificate in Education or equivalent or willingness to work towards.
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type –Bedford College
22.2 hours per week (0.6 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours (45 days) holiday per annum, pro rata
Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 5th November 2020.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this post, please follow the link