Lecturer in Carpentry and Joinery
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer in Carpentry and Joinery to become a key member of our Construction department.
As a Carpentry and Joinery Lecturer, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying carpentry and joinery on a range of courses and levels.
- Contributing pro-actively in the development of the Centre curriculum incorporating innovative teaching strategies.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of current teaching and assessing on Levels 1 through 3 and experience and up to date knowledge of current Carpentry and Joinery programmes, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ in Carpentry and Joinery or similar
- Level 5 Teaching Qualification (PGCE / Cert Ed) or equivalent
- Assessing qualification (i.e. TAQA or A1)
- GCSE Maths and English grade A-C or equivalent
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Please note our salary and benefits offer is different for an unqualified teaching post.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College (Qualified to L5 Teaching)
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 hours (45 days) holiday per annum
We offer highly competitive salaries dependent on your level of qualification and expertise.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this post, please follow the link