Lander Automotive - Manufacturing Apprentice
Reporting to the Team Leader (Operations) you will be responsible for achieving production targets, and reporting production issues when applicable using recognised company procedures. Supporting the team leader to ensure the overall smooth running of the area.
Weekly wage £192.00
Rotating shifts. For the first 8 weeks the hours are 07.00 to 15.00,
Monday to Thursday and 07.00 to 13.00 on a Friday.
Rotating shifts following that will be Monday to Thursday 06.00 - 14.00 or 14.00 - 22.00. Fridays 06.00-12.00 or 12.00-06.00.
Total hours per week: 38.00
Expected duration 12 months
Possible start date 07 Dec 2020
Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
Positions 12 available
This apprenticeship programme is initially for 1 year and 1 day. For the right apprentices at the end of the first year there will be opportunities for another contract for 18 months, working towards a Level 3 qualification.
You will join a new and exciting group of Apprentices within a world leading manufacturing organisation, supplying the Automotive Industry. During the duration of the Apprenticeship, you will spend your time gaining practical experience and developing your theoretical knowledge, along with obtaining formal qualifications, which are recognised and fully transferrable within the manufacturing sector.
You will be working in multiple manufacturing areas within the business, which are fast paced and sometimes physically demanding, producing finished components to the correct quality standard, time and time again.
You will perform production related tasks to the highest quality, relying on your excellent attention to detail. You will need both excellent written and verbal skills as your ability to follow instructions and work within a team will be vital.
Key activities will comprise:
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn by all within the area
- Operating production line equipment like Bend, End Form, Drill, Press, and Wash machines
- Assembling items on a production line included but not limited to armrests, fluid, air, coolant pipes etc.
- Record and monitor Non-Conforming Material for disposal
- Reporting equipment faults quickly in line with production procedures
- Complete hourly target checks to ensure cell production metrics are achieved and record on the relevant documentation
- Follow standardised work instructions and procedures to achieve quality and throughput targets
- Monitoring production processes and carrying out and recording basic testing and quality checks
- Packing goods in line with procedures and company Packaging Instructions
- 5S - Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness in your areas and adherence to 5S controls
- Any other duties or projects the Company decide that you are needed to support to meet the objectives of the business in the long or short term
This position will be part of a team ensuring that Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Morale, and Environment targets are met and maintained. Punctuality and attendance are key attributes of the Engineering Apprentice role and are core accountabilities.
The post holder will come into contact with a variety of employees during their daily activities, notably:
- Production/Operations team members - Daily
- Team Leader - Daily
- Group Leader - Daily
- Logistics - Daily
- Technicians - Daily
- All other departments - as and when required
To apply for this post, please follow the link.