Teacher / Lecturer in A Level Psychology and Sociology
- Hours of work: 22.2 hours per week
- Duration: This post is fixed term until 09 July 2021.
- Unqualified salary: £15,077 - £15,986 per annum (actual salary for 22.2 hours per week)
- Qualified salary: £16,464 - £19,081 per annum (actual salary for 22.2 hours per week) (Qualified)
- Location: Wakefield City Campus
We are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic part time Lecturer in Psychology and Sociology to join our successful Sixth Form team. Due to the increasing popularity of these subjects, we seek to appoint a highly motivated and committed teacher able to teach Psychology and Sociology A level.
With a strong focus on high quality teaching and learning, this is an excellent opportunity to join a talented and supportive Sixth Form team. Our Sixth Form has a strong academic ethos; working towards excellence for our students and helping each individual to achieve their full potential.
We are looking for an outstanding professional to teach both A level Psychology and Sociology. You will be passionate about delivering outstanding teaching, learning and assessment, and challenging students to achieve their full potential.
You will hold a relevant degree in Psychology or Sociology (or related field), have a good track record of success rates in teaching and learning and the ability to work well as part of a team.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave pro rata + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 2 October 2020
Interview date: Week commencing 12 October 2020
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.