Lecturer/Programme leader: Creative Media Production
Who we are:
Bradford College is a dynamic College in the heart of West Yorkshire, offering further education and higher education to its diverse learners. The College has a strong commitment to delivering an outstanding student experience through a broad and inspiring curriculum. We are entrepreneurial, well-resourced, decisive, and committed to building the Bradford College Brand through a period of cultural change resulting in meeting our strategic objective of becoming an ‘employer of choice’.
To teach and lead the development of courses which fall within the Creative Media production programme area (e.g. Screen Skills, Media, Film, Games, broadcasting, Art/design, animation).
- To teach on courses specified by the Head of School.
- To undertake course/programme leadership roles specified by the Head of School.
- To act as academic and pastoral tutor to assigned students.
- To devise individual learning plans and provide support for learners in line with the requirements of the course.
- To undertake research and/or scholarly activity.
- To participate in the development of workshops, laboratories and facilities, where appropriate.
- To provide appropriate information to parents/employers through College reporting systems and open evenings.
- To participate actively in the development of curriculum; and where appropriate in cross College marketing activities.
- To participate actively in the enrolment, induction, monitoring, profiling and initial assessment of students or trainees.
- To be responsible to the Head of School for student discipline, counselling and guidance relating to all assigned classes.
- To be responsible for the supervision and management of students on placements and offsite visits and activities where appropriate.
- To implement and promote College regulations, policies and procedures.
- To participate in relevant Course Committee activities.
- To participate actively in the maintenance and promotion of close links with employers and training agencies.
- To participate in College Open Days; career events and promotional events both on and off College premises.
- To assist the Head of School with costings and control of materials and equipment when specified.
- To undertake additional duties that may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post.
The post holder will be required to:
- Undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check for this post.
- Commit to the College child protection policy and promote a safe environment for children and young people learning within the College. Be alert to any indication or allegation of abuse and take appropriate action under the College procedures for the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
- Promote equality of opportunity and diversity in all aspects of the job and to challenge inequality and discrimination.
- Support the College management in all health and safety matters and take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- Highly competitive salary dependent on experience
- Lucrative pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Industry Leading Training & Development opportunities
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Experience a dynamic company culture, challenging you to be your best
- Opportunity to be an individual and use your initiative to try new methods
If you are interested in the role please apply. Please note due to the level of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to give feedback at this stage. If you do not hear from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please apply via the link