GCSE Maths Lecturer
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent and Part-Time
Hours: 30 hours per week
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
For more information, please visit https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/
SGS College have an exciting opportunity for a GCSE Maths Lecturer at our Filton campus.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain the high standards set within the department
- Conduct curriculum development work, including identification of consumer requirements,planning, development and evaluation of courses and materials
- Providing the appropriate student welfare and academic/non-academic counselling responsibilities
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Level 4/Degree level qualification in a related field
- Hold or be willing to work towards a PGCE or Qualified Teacher Status
- Have an excellent track record in teaching
- Demonstrate a commitment to achieving the best for each student
Why choose SGS College?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the Teachers Pension scheme, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 20th September 2020
Expected Interview Date: w/c 28th September 2020
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply via the link