Prince’s Trust Assistant Team Leader
As a Prince’s Trust Assistant Team Leader, you will assist in the planning, recruitment to and delivery of the Prince’s Trust Team programme on behalf of Wakefield College.
The Team programme is one of The Trust’s most long-standing and core programmes. It is a full-time 12-week personal development programme for 16-25 year olds, largely delivered through community work. Its primary aim is to build confidence, motivation and skills to help unemployed young people return to education or move into employment.
We are looking for someone who is supportive, patient and a positive role model for young people. You will encourage and challenge young people to encounter situations outside their comfort zone and help them develop key employability skills and life skills to support them to have a positive future.
As a Prince’s Trust Assistant Team Leader, you should:
- Hold GCSE A*-C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
- Hold a First Aid certificate and a Food Hygiene certificate (or willingness to undertake)
You should have:
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with a wide range of people
- Understanding of the challenges young people within The Trust’s target groups face
- Good planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 additional closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Scheme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing Date: 11.00am on Tuesday 22 September 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 1 October 2020
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.