Assistant Health & Safety Officer – Operations
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Based at Wakefield City Campus, working across all campus sites will be required.
Expiry date: 11:00, 18 September 2020
Generous Annual Leave, Discounted Metro Card Scheme, Good Pension Scheme, Excellent Training & Development
As an Assistant Health & Safety Officer, you will provide health & safety operational function for the College by the active promotion of health and safety awareness and monitoring of health and safety related functions, including risk assessments and training and ensuring these are satisfactorily completed.
This role will involve the following duties:
- Actively promoting health and safety for the College, through open engagement with students, staff and visitors
- Work with the Assistant Health & Safety Officer – Compliance, to organise and deliver a structured programme of health and safety training, identifying key areas and compliance with changes to legislation
- Manage the promotion of risk assessments
- Organise and implement statutory fire evacuation drills
- Conduct investigation of accidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses on and off College premises
As an Assistant Health & Safety Officer – Operations you should:
- Hold GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Hold NEBOSH Certificate (or willingness to undertake)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- The ability to interpret and communicate complex Health & Safety regulations
- Ability to work in a busy environment and adaptable to change
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
See what we have to offer and come and join us….
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 18 September 2020
Interview date: Thursday 1 October 2020
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.