Trainee Lecturer in Computing
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Trainee Lecturer in Computing to become a key member of our Computing department.
As a Trainee Lecturer in Computing, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and providing a high quality learning experience.
- Undertaking course administration as necessary.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments within the Programme Area regarding curriculum and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities for the Programme Area.
Our ideal candidates will have the ability to teach a range of software and hardware computing concepts to Level 2 and Level 3 and knowledge of current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in a computing related topic or considerable work experience in the key subjects
- Stage 3 teaching qualification (Cert. Ed or equivalent) or willingness to start this in first year of teaching
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Training for the Level 5 Diploma in Education will be enhanced by the Taking Teacher Further Programme. This is funded by the Department of Education who recognise the need to attract highly skilled industry specialist to work in Further Education in order to support the development of technical education which will lead to the highly skilled workforce of the future.
The benefits of the programme include a reduced timetable with work shadowing and mentoring from our experienced tutors giving a supportive insight into the requirements and expectations of the job role.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
Fixed Term Contract- 31 July 2021
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
35 days (318.2 hours) holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for this role, please follow the link.