Lecturer in Foundation
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer in Foundation to become a key member of our Foundation department.
As a Lecturer in Foundation, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of courses for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities from milestone 5 to Entry 3.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and providing a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of teaching students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities and recent experience of teaching and assessing on a range programmes and levels, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree and/or vocational training at an equivalent level in a relevant subject
- Willingness to achieve Certificate in Education or equivalent in line with the Statutory Instrument
- Willingness to achieve Assessor/Verifier qualifications
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A – C) or equivalent
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type –Bedford College
29.6 hours per week (0.8 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
45 days holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.