Course Manager/ Lecturer in Computer Science (Maternity Cover)
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Course Manager/ Lecturer in Computer Science to become a key member of our Computing department.
As a Course Manager/ Lecturer in Computer Science, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of further and higher education courses within the Computing Department, in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department.
- Liaising with the course team and relevant staff to ensure that all students are enrolled and follow a designated study programme which meets current timetabling policy rules including work placement and enhancement.
- Ensuring that schemes of work for all elements of the course are fully completed and stored on the intranet
Our ideal candidates will have experience of raising student retention and achievement rates and experience of consistently providing a high-quality learning experience for all students, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree qualification in Computing or related discipline
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Safeguarding training
- Equality and Diversity training
- PGCE/CertEd or equivalent
We will consider applications from applicants who may not have course manager experience at this time but can demonstrate at interview they have the desire and experience in the computing field.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type –Bedford College
Fixed Term, Maternity Cover Contract
End date 31 July 2021
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
45 days holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.