Teacher / Lecturer in Construction – Carpentry and Joinery
Please note: No agency CV's or referrals will be accepted, Wakefield College accept direct applications only.
- Job ref: 5737a
- 37 hours per week
- Unqualified salary: £25,130- £26,644 per annum
- Qualified salary: £27,441- £31,802 per annum
- Castleford and Wakefield Campuses
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Teacher / Lecturer in Construction - Carpentry and Joinery to join our hard working and successful Construction team, where you will support every student to reach their full potential.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Construction - Carpentry and Joinery, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of students, by providing them with the skills, knowledge and training required to enable them to achieve their goals; while ensuring the economic development and success of Construction industries.
Our purpose-built Castleford Campus has superbly equipped workshops and specialist rooms available.
We are looking for a motivated person who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers and has a passion for Construction. Due to the current circumstances, skills in distance learning and the ability to deliver and manage learning using Microsoft Teams software would be desirable.
To find out more about our Construction curriculum and the courses that we offer visit www.wakefield.ac.uk/construction
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Construction, you should:
- Be qualified to Level 3 in Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery
- Have experience within the Construction industry
- Hold GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or level 2 equivalent
- Experience of working with 16-18 year olds, ideally in a teaching capacity
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 18 September 2020
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.