Location: Nuneaton Campus
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Key Stage 4 Personal Coach (term-time only*).
Requirements for the role:
- Hold a level 3 qualification in Youth Work (or similar)
- Literacy and numeracy to at least level 2 standard
- Experience of working successfully with disengaged and challenging young people with social, emotional and behavioral needs
Responsibilities for the role:
- To support the promotion and smooth running of the 14-16 Alternative Provision (Inspire) and any other related activities, and work as part of a wider delivery team
- Build and maintain positive communications with parents/carers, referral agencies, Schools, local authorities and specialist agencies
- Support the 14-16 Learning and Skills Manager in identifying and communicating the learning and support needs of 14-16 to personal tutors, teaching and support staff
- Plan and lead weekly coaching sessions with a small group of learners enhancing their personal, emotional and social skills through “emotion coaching” activities.
The Location: The post is based at Nuneaton Campus. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is FTE £19427 to FTE £22414*
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
* Please note the following:
- The salary advertised is for a full time equivalent role i.e. 37 hours x 52 weeks.
- The role is term time only (39 weeks).
- The commencing salary will be adjusted if the number of weeks worked is less than 39 weeks in the first year of employment
To apply for this role, please follow the link.