Trainer/Assessor in Cladding/Thermal Insulation (Variable Hours, Fixed Term)
Fixed Term until 31st July 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Trainer/Assessor to train on accredited qualification and pathways for construction insulation trainer with a recognised qualification or experience of structural cladding and insulation fitting. The candidate will be able to demonstrate skills and experience in:-
- Metal forming and insulation fitting
- Working at height and preferably qualified to operate plant and equipment
- Design and develop patterns from which to fabricate cladding from a range of specialist base materials in line with the design specification
- Fabrication specialist cladding from patterns, including bespoke elbows, bends and T sections
- Installation of fabricated cladding to pipework, ductwork and vessels, for insulation and personnel protection
- Installing insulation systems using staggered and grooved joints that fit together precisely
- Specialist hand tools and equipment including: swagers, lockformers, dividers, metal shears, mole grips, metal folders, metal rollers, drills and safe blades
Closing date – 14th November 2019
A teaching qualification would be an advantage or a commitment to undertake this within the first year of employment is essential.
All successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and children and adults barred list checks where the applicant will be employed in a regulated activity.
Dudley College of Technology is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, including disabled, and black and ethnic minority applicants.
Please apply via the link.