Teaching Support Assistant
Looking for the right opportunity to get in to teaching? We can help….
We are looking for innovative Teaching Support Assistants to join our passionate teams here at Milton Keynes College.
This could be the perfect opportunity for you to develop your teaching career in Further Education. We are keen to hear from passionate individuals that can work not only across curriculum areas but can also offer expertise in specific subject specialisms.
As a Teaching Support Assistant, you will have an understanding of the additional needs of individuals and be able to support learners in achieving their potential.
The Learning Support team are committed to developing our students to achieve their highest potential through their chosen subject, whilst learning invaluable skills to support them in their future. You will work closely with the curriculum staff to ensure the best level of support and guidance for students and maintain effective assistance in the classroom.
If you have a relevant qualification or specific subject/industry knowledge, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: Tuesday 5th November 2019
As a successful candidate you will have:
- An NVQ level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or be willing to work towards one.
- Literacy and numeracy skills to a minimum of level 2 in maths and English.
- Experience of managing complex situations and achieving positive outcomes.
- Experience of establishing appropriate relationships with people with a range of learning difficulties and disabilities and being a positive role model.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to establish a rapport with young people.
- The ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Experience of working with young people with complex SEN.
- The ability to contribute, participate and share in the responsibility for the development of the Department’s work
- A strong awareness and understanding of equal opportunities and the ability to translate these into effective action.
Please apply via the link.