At Milton Keynes College, the individual student is central to all our endeavours. Progress Mentors are a new role being introduced to promote greater focus on our students’ educational progress and to encourage the highest levels of academic achievement.
If you have been working with young people and are looking for a new challenge, this exciting opportunity has arisen to join a newly created team. Working closely with other colleagues Progress Mentors will oversee the educational progress of students and will act as mentors to provide students with individualised support and challenges, which will stretch them to their full potential. Being able to motivate and energise young people, agree motivational targets and produce student progress reviews, you will also be responsible for contributing to learner progression and career plans and contributing to the development of the skills, knowledge and attributes needed for work and life.
This role will ideally suit somebody who has experience and an interest in the development of young people. Our ideal candidates will have experience of providing advice, guidance and/or education to young people and/or adults.
Flexible working patterns will be considered for this position, up to 37 hours per week. This position is student facing and will based on campus.
Closing Date: Monday 4th November 2019
As the successful candidate you will have
- A Level or equivalent qualifications.
- Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy.
- Ideally a minimum of 12 months’ guidance/young persons related work.
- Relevant life-experience of the workplace, industry or education.
- Experience of being accountable for high quality student outcomes.
- Well-developed organisational, communication and teamwork skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and maintain a sense of humour and perspective.
- An ability to develop the quality of the student experience that leads to outstanding outcomes.
- An ability to effectively embed equal opportunities and safeguarding into student life.
Please apply via the link.