ICT and Business Lecturer
Milton Keynes College have an opportunity for a passionate ICT and Business Lecturer who believes in the power of transforming lives through learning.
If you have the ability to effectively engage with learners and can demonstrate excellent classroom management skills we would like you to be part our education team based as HMP Whitemoor.
As an ICT and Business Lecturer, you will be delivering ICT and Business to diverse groups of learners based within the prison. Working in a prison environment can be challenging but highly rewarding and varied.
Milton Keynes College is passionate about reducing re-offending by providing learners with qualifications and skills that they can apply to employment whilst in custody and upon release. We would like you to be part of the learner’s journey, offering your skills and knowledge to guide them throughout their courses.
If you are highly motivated with a can-do approach to education, this is a great opportunity for you!
Closing date: Monday 4th November 2019
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.