The Digital Technician is attached to all of the art and design courses within the school and has an integral role in supporting students in the Mac Suits, supporting all digital work and the use of Adobe Cloud Software.
Digital Technician Duties are:
- Student H&S inductions into technical area of the Mac Suits.
- Student skills inductions for all Adobe Creative Cloud Software and Dragon frame.
- Responsible for risk assessments for Mac Suits and the 3D stop animation suit.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the Mac suits, networking of Mac's when they are moved.
- In workshop support for art and design students to complete digital projects ranging from 3D stop animation, graphic design, film using Adobe Cloud Software.
- Reconstruction/deconstruction of studio spaces (during non-term time) making them appropriate for number of class groups and sizes.
- Construction and hanging of the in year and end of year exhibitions.
- Install of all audio visual work in the end of year exhibition.
- Design and Creation of School of Art Marketing.
The post requires a 0.6 permanent contract in order for the department to have specialist digital support and to remain relevant in a creative environment that is turning increasingly to digital outputs.
For more information, please see attached.
Closing date for completed applications: Sunday 20th October 2019
Interviews will take place during the week beginning: 21st October 2019
CVs are not accepted.
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community, to reflect our diverse student population.
Please apply via the link.