Lecturer in Functional Skills
We are currently seeking a Lecturer in Functional Skills to join our Employer Responsive team, who is able to deliver up to Level 2 in English and Maths.
You will be joining us on permanent basis, and be able to achieve outstanding outcomes for students using a variety of teaching and learning strategies.
Monitoring student progress and performance, you will be expected to provide individual and tailored support that fully prepares students for assessment.
You must have a subject specific qualification and ideally will hold a teaching qualification (or have willingness to work towards this).
The ability and experience to deliver ICT up to level 2 would be advantageous.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Up to 29 days annual leave with generous additional closure days.
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/adults at risk of harm. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an enhanced DBS Check.
Please apply via the link.