Music Technology Lecturer
Do you like working in a challenging but rewarding environment where each day is different and time flies?
Are you an enthusiastic and talented teacher/tutor who is looking to transform lives through learning?
Have you ever thought of a career in Prison Education?
Milton Keynes College Prison Education Team at HMP Long Lartin are seeking experienced Lecturers/Tutors to deliver an accredited course - NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Music Technology, to a diverse group of learners, helping to build their confidence, develop their skills and achieve within a college environment. The College are looking for candidates interested in variable hours, on an ad-hoc basis, who are keen to explore Prison Education as their employment.
Specifically the Music Technology course runs full time for a period of 4 weeks at a time, and this course is scheduled to run 3 times before April 2020 (so a total of 12 weeks delivery required).
A teaching qualification would be desirable, however those willing to work towards a teaching qualification who hold supporting subject specialism or industry experience would also be considered. If you are a passionate person with the capacity to become a great teacher we can provide the training to help you achieve your full potential, just as we expect to be able to help our students achieve theirs.
If you hold qualifications or expertise in other subject areas this could give you the opportunity for more cover hours.
This is an ideal opportunity for a dedicated trainer / lecturer / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated individual, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses. You will be a team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience embedding Maths, English, E&D and Employability is essential, in order to successfully deliver the curriculum.
Location: HMP Long Lartin, South Littleton, Evesham, WR11 8TZ
Hours: Occasional – 4 weeks full time delivery, 3 times before April 2020 (12 weeks delivery in total)
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant Degree or Vocational qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification or above or willing to work towards with supporting subject specialism.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven record of accomplishment of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- Be the requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.