Hourly Paid Lecturer in Engineering
We are currently looking for Lecturers to join us on an hourly paid basis who have experience of delivering Engineering topics.
You must be dedicated to delivering motivating and inspiring teaching and learning to unleash the potential of our students and you will be to expected to prepare schemes of work, lesson and assessment plans and provide appropriate academic and pastoral support to individual students as required.
Participating in the interviewing, enrolment and induction of students, you will also be expected to use information on students’ starting points, such as initial assessments, to plan teaching and learning.
A Teaching Qualification, i.e. DTLLS, Cert. Ed/PGCE, or equivalent (or a commitment to work towards) is essential for this role, alongside an appropriate qualification.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salary for Lecturers.
- Up to 35 days annual leave with generous additional closure days.
- Enrolment into the Teachers Pensions Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/adults at risk of harm. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an enhanced DBS Check.
Please apply via the link.