Milton Keynes College are recruiting for a part time Multi-skills Lecturer / Tutor who possesses excellent industry knowledge and skills.
As a Multi-skills Lecturer you will be delivering painting and decorating, electrical, general carpentry, tiling, plumbing skills and general maintenance to diverse groups of learners based within the prison. Working in a prison environment can be challenging but highly rewarding and varied.
We believe in the power of transforming lives through learning; we are passionate about reducing re-offending by providing learners with qualifications and skills that they can apply to employment whilst in custody and upon release. We would like you to be part of the learner’s journey, offering your skills and knowledge to guide them throughout their courses.
If you do not currently possess a teaching qualification but are willing to work towards one, Milton Keynes College can support training.
If you are highly motivated with a can-do approach to education, this is a great opportunity for you!
Location: HMP Woodhill, Milton Keynes, MK4 4DA
Hours: 29.6 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.