Chef De Partie
40hr per week contract 5/7 with some weekends (around 1 in 3)
We are looking for a Chef de Partie to join our team at our flagship site in Brighton city centre, to assist in the production of fresh food to a diverse range of International customers. Our operation includes breakfast, lunch and dinner services and occasional events. We are a 7 day operation serving up to 3000 covers per week to the students and staff of the college.
This is an ideal position for an experienced Commis or Chef de Partie who will assist with our canteen service with a passion to produce food from fresh ingredients to high standard for our buffet service.
You’ll need some food preparation knowledge and be passionate about providing high quality dishes from fresh ingredients as well as being methodical and organised with high standards of cleanliness. A good team player is a must and on occasions you will be serving customers and providing a welcome atmosphere for the students and staff of the college. A basic food hygiene certificate and experience in Food preparation would be an advantage.
- Assisting with food preparation including prep, mains, breakfasts, salads & soup.
- Keeping server area clean and organised, displaying products as per dept. standards.
- Maintain excellent standards of Food safety, cleanliness and compliance procedures.
- Provide a high standard of customer service providing information and assistance with regard to the food and service as required (we have an open kitchen).
- General cleaning duties.
- Any other kitchen duties as required.
- A team player
- Have the ability to work under pressure/manage own work load
- Have effective interpersonal skills
- Confident communicator
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Enthusiastic and dedicated
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 days bank Holidays) days rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Free meals whilst on duty.
- Excellent work-life balance & great location in Brighton City centre.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link.