University of Sussex International Study Centre (ISC) is looking for permanent full time Welfare Officer to join our team! The Welfare Officer will be an integral part of the provision and delivery of the welfare and support system in place for students in the International Study Centre.
The position will require you to assist with and contribute to the care and supervision of students as well as being an information point for welfare within the International Study Centre.
This is a job where no day is the same, and where you’ll be challenged to use your empathy, active listening, and support skills effectively. When joining the centre, you’ll be given the support and training that you need, as well as be given personal development opportunities as your career progresses.
If you want a job role where you will work with a variety of people, in a high-pressure environment where you can really make a difference, then we would love to hear from you.
- Working as part of a team who provides specialist welfare support, in order to remove barriers to learning.
- To carry and manage a case load of students and offer support to individual students throughout the college.
- To develop and maintain effective and supportive relationships with students.
- To provide a complementary service throughout the ISC that enhances and extends existing welfare provision
- To work within an extended range of networks and partnerships to broker support and learning opportunities and improve the quality of services to all students.
- To be a key point of contact for safeguarding issues.
- To assist the DSL with referrals, maintaining accurate records, attending a range of professional meetings, liaison with outside agencies and promoting the general welfare and safety of students across the ISC.
- In the absence of the DSL, to act as first point of contact for any member of staff who has a concern about the safety or wellbeing of a student (as per rota)
- To assist the Student Services Team Leader as required
- To provide general admin support for the Centre as required and cover admin duties for other members of staff when absent and during peak periods
- To assist with induction and arrivals
- To deal, on occasions, with out-of-office hours queries regarding student arrivals
- Higher level (L3 equivalent) Designated Safeguarding Lead certificate
- First Aid (Desirable)
- Risk Assessment (Desirable)
- Experience of welfare within a Further Education environment
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.