Food Service Assistant
About the Role:
Reading College - Food Service Assistant – term time only, 16 hours per week
Midday service role 11 am to 2.15 pm, Mon-Fri, Term Time only (working 38 weeks - paid 44 weeks – over 12 months)
At Activate learning we are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join our team at the Recharge Food Outlet in Reading College, Kings Road Campus. The hours are flexible around the midday service and would possibly suit applicants who would like to work in between school hours or only require 16 hours per week.
You will be supporting and working alongside the Chef Manager and our small team:
- Deliver outstanding customer service to Staff and Students whilst serving in the Canteen food outlet
- Assist in light preparation of foods in accordance to healthy school legislation which includes a healthy balanced diet and menu for all.
- Adhere and support the current legislative food hygiene, food safety and health & safety recording processes
- Assist in processing payments and monies through our, cash register & parent pay system
- Promote and display foods on the counter and where possible upsell the offer to the Staff/Students
Additional overtime could be available if desired, but not essential.
Lovely working environment, Generous pension scheme and uniform provided.
Salary Actual - £5,804
Pro-rata - £16,123
To apply, please complete an application form or attach a CV and send to the email address below, with 'College Jobs' as the subject.