HMP Wakefield’s education department are looking for an experienced Generalist lecturer to deliver a range of accredited and unaccredited courses to a diverse group of learners within the prison. As a Lecturer within our Milton Keynes College Prison Education team you will help to develop a strong learning programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College. The subjects that you will teach will be varied and across a variety of levels including Mentoring, Learning Disabilities and Safeguarding.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery in general subjects. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
This role will be take place across a number of prisons in the Long Term High Security Estate North, however will be predominantly based at HMP Wakefield. The role will include teaching and IQA across the region where required. (A typical week would be 3 days at HMP Wakefield, 1 day IQA regionally and 1 day based at Full Sutton and could vary upon demand)
Location: HMP Wakefield, WF2 9AG
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered as well as travelling across the Long Term High Security Estate North.
Please apply via the link.