Head of Education
HMP Bullingdon’s education department have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Education to join their Milton Keynes College Prison Services team. As Head of Education, at HMP Bullingdon you will demonstrate clear, decisive and innovative leadership, whilst developing strong partnership working with our prison colleagues.
The Head of Education will lead and support growth by driving and maintaining improvement within the education department. You will identify and implement objectives using strategic management. You will also be responsible for high volume budget management, target setting alongside continuous performance and quality advancement.
As Head of Education you will line manage a deputy education manager, 4 programme managers and oversee approximately 50 staff in total.
The successful candidate will be an experience strategic education manager who can inspire and challenge staff to create a dynamic culture with outstanding learning, teaching and student success throughout.
Location: HMP Bullingdon, Bicester, OX25 1PZ
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Have proven high-level management experience.
- Have proven ability of driving and maintaining improvement within a management position.
- Hold a recognised qualification in Leadership & Management (or be willing to work towards, by partaking in the College Leadership & Management Apprenticeship Programme) (Essential).
- Have proven experience of managing teams in a challenging environment, effectively managing tensions as they arise.
- Hold a teaching qualification and ideally Assessor/Verifier awards.
- Have a degree or equivalent qualification.
- Have well developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience of effectively implementing and managing quality improvement processes.
- Display energy, drive and an entrepreneurial attitude to work.
- Have considerable curriculum development experience and be able to articulate an attractive curriculum vision.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.