Group Desktop Technician
We are looking for a Group Desktop Technician to join our IT Team, based at our Reading campus with travel to other locations as necessary. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service ethos - always willing to go the extra mile. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical support and advice to staff and students on hardware and software issues, and to maintain and install IT equipment and consumables at any of the Group’s sites.
- Being a member of the Group Desktop Team, providing first and second line technical support, working at different sites, coordinating with 3rd line and supporting customers by face to face visits.
- Installation, configuration and deployment of IT equipment and consumables, including PCs, Macs, printers, scanners, interactive whiteboards, data projectors, faxes, telephones, etc.
- Maintaining equipment details and keeping an accurate record of work undertaken at different sites and according to SLAs.
- Following ITIL based Incident Management recording and tracking via Manage Engine for all incidents and Service Requests.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of completed work and actions against work in progress in the Incident Management System. Ensure clear and detailed updates in incident logs.
- Must be able to drive due to travel, preferably own a car.
This role will be 37 hours per week.
To apply, please complete an application form or attach a CV and send to the email address below, with 'College Jobs' as the subject.