Finance Administrator – Accounts Receivable
Nottingham College is one of the largest further education colleges in the country creating opportunities for employment and progression to higher education for the people of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire; raising their prosperity and that of the local economy.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Administrator who has experience of working in a financial environment and can contribute to the College’s mission statement. Your main responsibility will be invoicing and debt collection. Knowledge and experience of sales ledger and credit control processes would be desirable, but not essential.
You will be an excellent communicator and be able to work fast yet accurately. As a good team player, you will work closely with the team to ensure financial regulations and service standards are met.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Raising and issuing of sales invoices and performing credit control according to Finance procedures.
• Setting up instalment plans and monitoring for any rejections, with appropriate remedial actions.
• Deal with telephone queries or other ad hoc requests from students, other customers, or internal stakeholders, ensuring that department service level targets are met.
• Monthly reporting to Head of Finance and Financial Accountant on debt position; suggesting referrals to debt collection agencies and possible write off debts.
• Reconciling debtor data where necessary.
• Processing cash receipts from college activities, including canteens. Preparing banking and arranging collection.
Benefits of working at the College:
• 28 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• Staff benefits scheme including: discounted travel schemes, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, the option to purchase an NUS card, days out and eating out offers.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
The closing date is Friday 18th October 2019 at 11.00pm
Interviews/assessments are planned for week commencing 21st October 2019.
Please apply via the link.