Milton Keynes College are recruiting for a passionate and creative English Lecturer to join the fantastic education team at HMP Bullingdon.
This will be a varied, challenging and highly rewarding opportunity. As a successful English Lecturer you will help to develop a strong English programme that meets the needs of the learners, prison and Milton Keynes College.
You will be supporting learners to not only achieve qualifications but also help them to gain confidence and skills which they can use both in other areas of education within the prison but also upon release.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated lecturer / tutor / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery of English. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated English teacher, with a can do approach to education. You will be able to thrive upon working within a prison environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses.
Location: HMP Bullingdon, Bicester, OX25 1PZ
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE, Cert Ed) or willing to work towards.
- Hold relevant assessor/verifier awards.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven track record of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.