Our Durham University International Study Centre is one of the largest centres within the UK Study Group network. A fantastic job opportunity has opened for an academic leader with an excellent understanding of the international pathway education system to join as Centre Director, taking ownership of the operational delivery of the centre, whilst working strategically with the Cluster Director to deliver the wider Study Group strategy. Working with our University partner you will represent Study Group to build lasting relationships, whilst acting as a pioneer for international education.
In this job role you’ll provide academic and operational leadership to the team responsible for designing and delivering the University of Durham’s International Study Centre’s portfolio of programmes. You’ll also lead the relationship with the partner university in respect of operational and academic management matters.
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. The pressure can be high during peak periods, and you’ll need to be resilient, and adaptable to succeed in this dynamic working environment.
- Lead and motivate ISC academic staff to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Contribute to developing, communicating and enacting the strategy and priorities for the Centre.
- Contribute to the Centre’s Partnership Development Plan and other strategic documents, as requested by the Cluster Director
- Provide effective performance management of direct reports, including: setting personal objectives and KPIs; regularly reviewing performance of direct reports; and conducting formal performance reviews according to company policy and procedures.
- Lead the planning, management and delivery of all the ISC’s academic programmes and courses to ensure the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Set the framework for and oversee the allocation of teaching resources, ensuring that teaching and learning activities are planned and delivered within an agreed budget and meet operational margins.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You’ll be an academic leader with experience managing a similar centre or large department within a Further Education or Higher Education environment (essential)
- You will be experienced in leading on the development of programmes/curriculum (essential)
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree (essential)
- Experience of partnership working or partnership management in the education sector
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.