Learning Support and Care Assistant
We are looking for passionate Learning Support & Care Assistants to join our team in Guildford. The post holder will be supporting courses which are designed for those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities aged between 16 and 22, to gain more independence, learn life and living skills and progress into a supported living environment. Learners are working from pre-entry up to level 1. Topics include: meal preparation, independence skills, enterprise, communication, travel and leisure and money. This will also include:
- To work in the Supported Learning Department based at Stoke Park or at the Woodlands Centre which is based at Merrist Wood Campus. Occasionally it may be necessary to work across sites.
- To provide support for students with severe and complex learning difficulties and/or disabilities (LDD), and tutors to ensure the delivery of an effective programme of further education and to work as part of a co-ordination team.
- To support learners with managing behaviour and accessing the curriculum.
- The role requires a great deal of flexibility and some manual handling tasks are also intrinsic to this post. Duties include:
- Physically supporting learners, pushing wheelchairs, working with animals (large and small), walking distances, working outside in all weathers, using escalators/lifts, working with plants/gardening implements, working in catering/kitchen areas, standing for long periods, working 1:1 with students, moving around the campuses, moving across the programme as required. Personal care is part of the duties of this role and training will be provided in giving medical care and support. This list is not exhaustive.
This role will be 30 hours per week, term time only. 9:00am - 3:00pm Monday to Friday. To apply please submit a completed application form.
Activate Learning are a forward thinking, successful education group whose mission is to provide talent for business. Transforming lives through our learning philosophy.
We are a group of seven further education colleges, six schools, an apprenticeship provider and business school. We run four colleges in Saudi Arabia and are working in other international markets such as China, India, South Africa and South East Asia to export our award-winning Learning Philosophy to other education providers. We serve approximately 30,000 students across our group each year.
Activate Learning are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
No Agency applications will be accepted.
To apply, please complete an application form or attach a CV and send to the email address below, with 'College Jobs' as the subject.