Course Leader in Accounting, Finance & Business
Transform Higher Education: Join the UA92 Team
UA92 is a new higher education institution that's daring to be different. Open to students in 2019, we are looking to build a “best in class” team of expert educators and experienced professionals, with the ability to develop UA92 from the ground up and drive this new venture forwards at pace, establishing it quickly as a sector leader.
At UA92, you will have the opportunity to make an impact in an organisation where change is constant, challenging convention is embraced and the vision is big!
If you’re a highly skilled, forward-thinking team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for social mobility through life-transforming, career-making higher education, then we’re keen to hear from you!
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled Course Leader and Senior Tutor to provide academic leadership and staff supervision in the Accounting & Finance and Business Studies domain. You will have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and an innovative approach to delivering the curriculum. Ideally you will have both experience of higher education and hold a recognised Accountancy qualification, alongside strong leadership skills and commercial acumen.
Acting as a role model practitioner and a specialist in one of the subjects under your responsibility, you will lead the development and delivery of the curriculum, assessment of learning and ensure academic administration responsibilities are discharged with quality assured and enhanced. You will ensure students have a sector leading learning experience with a strong trajectory into employment and early career advancement.
You will join a small, agile and forward-looking academic team and will work collegiately with colleagues across the institution, and with employer partners to embed the principles, philosophy and values of UA92. You will ensure ambitious performance and growth targets are met in your areas of responsibility.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring development of high quality learning resources and delivery of engaging learning activities.
- Ensuring design and application of robust assessment vehicles and provision of regular and constructive student feedback.
- Ensuring individual learners are well supported in their personal development journeys.
- Engagement with employer and industry partners to ensure the curriculum and its delivery has currency from a professional practice perspective.
- Active participation in aspiration raising, student recruitment and progression partnership developments, ensuring strong application, conversion, progression and retention.
- Supervising, supporting, motivating and developing colleagues to be outstanding practitioners, within a culture of high expectations.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a bright and well-qualified individual with sector experience and a track record of success and personal credibility in their own subject area. You will be a highly effective educator with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds. You will also have a passion for providing accessible, high-quality, university level education, be an innovator in your own practice and be a strong team player and collaborator.
The successful candidate will have:
- Solid subject knowledge in accounting and finance with qualifications to match: Effective and innovative teaching are key aspects of this post and we seek candidates who can cover one or more core teaching areas in Accountancy such as Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Audit, or Tax.
- Ability to engage learners actively through the delivery of outstanding student centric learning experiences.
- Experience of successfully supporting learner attainment and wider personal development.
- An innovative spirit and confidence to develop and apply new techniques and technologies to improve learner success.
- The ability to provide academic leadership across a broad subject domain and be able to supervise and support others to operate as highly effective and reflective facilitators of learning.
Normal working hours are 37.5 per week. However, due to the nature of the post you will be expected to work flexibly. Consideration will be given to applications for part time or flexible working, subject to business needs.
Please note we are receiving high volumes of applications for UA92 roles so please submit your application as early as possible, as adverts may be closed early where large numbers of applications are received.
Please apply via the link
UA92 values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.