Lecturer - Games and Media
Milton Keynes is one of the fastest growing cities in the UK and a recognised leader in developing and promoting of smart city technology, with initiatives such as MK:Smart, and the ‘MK Data Hub’.
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Games and Media Course Team Leader that is able to share their knowledge, experience and passion for digital media / technology industries with students looking to enter the digital media sector. We are particularly looking for Individuals with skills in the production of digital content for interactive media.
We offer a wide variety of courses at varying levels to our students including higher education Level 4 and above across the School of Digital Technologies fulfilling every student’s needs. This is an opportunity for you to bring real-life knowledge to our students wishing to work within this dynamic industry; providing students with expert technical knowledge to transfer into the commercial world is a key priority.
The College has ambition, expertise and employer links that will support the development of one of the largest, most successful and exciting digital curriculums in the country. We have a secure and strong partnership support with organisations, including: The Bletchley Park Trust, Microsoft and City & Guilds.
Our staff have a real passion and understanding of the Digital industries, our students are at the heart of all we do.
Hours: 29.6 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
As a successful candidate you will have
- A recognised higher level teaching qualification and a degree or relevant industry.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic.
- The ability to teach creatively, use e-learning effectively, adapting to the needs of a variety of students and be willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- A proven ability to teach across levels including at Level 4 or above.
- An ability to share a passion for the subject and develop employability skills in students.
- Proficiency in the delivery of specialist digital media subjects.
- Ability to play a significant role in the design, development and delivery of programmes of learning which meet the needs of the College’s students and which satisfy internal and external quality assurance criteria.
- Understanding of the learning needs of the student population and be able to deliver challenging and exciting learning sessions.
- Technological knowledge and comprehensive understanding of emerging digital trends.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and currently work with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons, which make up the Long Term High Security Estate, and 6 category B, C & D men’s prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a thorough on boarding process to include DBS. In addition, security clearance is required for all prison services positions.
Milton Keynes College has been officially recognised for its commitment and approach to equality, diversity and inclusion. It has been awarded the much sought-after Leaders in Diversity accreditation from the National Centre for Diversity. The award recognises the College’s clear ethos and values and a belief in the importance of diversity.
Please apply via the link.