Designated Safeguarding Lead
Walsall College is rated Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ with a number of campuses in around the borough of Walsall with modern facilities and environment for excellent learning and working. We have an annual turnover of circa £40 million, over 850 staff, nearly 15,000 students and a successful learning culture.
We are looking for an experienced leader to join our college as Designated Safeguarding Lead, being responsible for service areas that ensure excellent support for student safeguarding and well-being, which include safeguarding, counselling, student wellbeing and a 63-place nursery.
You will provide leadership to several teams, ensuring delivery of outstanding services to students across the College, whilst supporting the Assistant Principal to ensure appropriate strategies and the ongoing high quality delivery of these services.
Who we are looking for:
- An outstanding leader, who is well organised, can work well under pressure, and will support staff across the College in the delivery of their responsibilities.
- A person who interacts confidently and is able to influence other individuals and organisations at corporate level and always considers the impact of decisions on the students.
- Someone who has the ability to offer strategic direction through to operational delivery.
What we are looking for:
- A demonstrable commitment to safeguarding children and adults at risk of harm.
- Understanding of Ofsted/QAA and other essential kite mark processes, expectations and evidence of contributing to successful achievement.
- Experience in preparing professional reports to Governors, inspectors and external stakeholders.
- Management and leadership experience in a similar environment.
Walsall College is uniquely and proudly vocational. Offering a wide range of courses from Further Education and Apprenticeships through to Higher Education. Our greatest passion is unleashing the potential of individuals, communities and businesses and our greatest legacy is the talent of our students: skilled, professional and enterprising.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to play a key role in our future success. Come and join us if you have what we are looking for.
Closing date for applications is 01 October 2019 at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on 14/15 October 2019. Should you want to talk through any of the details please contact Jayne Holt, Assistant Principal – Workforce Development and Learning. To arrange this, please contact, Becky Brown, Personal Assistant on 01922 657017.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/adults at risk of harm. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an enhanced DBS Check.
Please apply via the link.