Apprentice Data/Network Cabling and Infrastructure Engineer Apprentice
Employer: Itm Communications Limited
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship duration: 15 months
Possible start date: 07 Oct 2019
Working week: Monday – Friday (09.00am - 17.30pm)* *may vary due to works and some weekend work may be required.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Installation of structured cabling, cabinets, containment and of end devices including CCTV cameras, wireless access points, access control systems and digital signage. Seeking a hardworking. organised, reliable and driven apprentice to work as part of our service team in commercial environments.
The role will be to install, test and terminate copper and fibre data cabling into cables into commercial and residential properties.
Within this role you will learn to carry out all aspects of data cabling including:
- Pulling cables
- Cable terminations
- Fibre splicing
- Testing and troubleshooting
- Installation of various types of containment
- Installation of network devices
- Construction of data cabinets
- Working in a team environment
You will have full training and support from our delivery team and will spend 20% approx. of your time on paid day or block release (to be specified by college) to complete your apprenticeship.
- Ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail
- Interest in problem solving
- Must have GCSE Grade C or above/grade 4 or above or equivalent in maths and English Language.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.