Apprentice Customer Support Technician
4 days left
- Full Time
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship duration: 3 years
Possible start date: 01 Oct 2019
Working week: Monday - Thursday, 08:30 - 16:15 and Friday, 08:30 - 15:15
Total hours per week: 40.00
Atotech are looking for an Apprentice Customer Support Technician to join their team.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To support the sales force at the discretion of the Technical Manager providing technical service and sales support where necessary.
- To carry out Account Manager Duties for specific Customers if allocated.
- To facilitate the necessary actions from central core departments at UK Head Office to maintain customer satisfaction. To carry out, as instructed, Laboratory investigations, Pilot Plant processing, functional testing, corrective actions, conversion procedure testing or other laboratory duties as required, maintaining rapid turnaround for allocated tasks.
- To manage field trials of new and existing products / processes. Provide detailed feedback information to the Technical Manager and Product Manager on product deficiencies in order that the necessary R&D programs can be proposed.
- Using due care to ensure precision, analyse samples for customer process or quality control purposes and record the data in accordance with the Atotech Code of Practice.
- To provide call reports for each customer visit and technical reports as required.
- To participate in the company’s telephone enquiry answering service, ensuring prompt answering of all technical enquires.
- To maintain a clean, safe and tidy workstation and other area of responsibility at all times, suitable for the presence of visitors in the laboratory.
- To maintain records of analytical data, special instructions requested with samples, actions carried out on samples etc. in accordance with Atotech Codes of Practice.
- To participate in training activities to improve knowledge of all matters relating to the control, use and applications of Atotech processes and laboratory instrumentation both to Atotech customers and Atotech Personnel.
- To maintain an in depth of knowledge of Atotech’s product range, the use of and applications of and the benefits to customers.
- To maintain awareness of the hazards associated with materials in use in the laboratory and take due precautions.
- To dispose of waste chemistry using the waste disposal facilities provided when authorised by the Laboratory Manager in compliance with Duty of Care and current working instructions.
- Report any laboratory systems problems that may compromise analysis speed or customer satisfaction to the Laboratory Manager or Technical Manager.
- To advise management of the future needs of the industry.
- Discuss technically and directly with customers, information relating to laboratory reports or samples.
- To issue call reports within 48 hours of each customer visit.
- To carry out Laboratory Investigations and sample processing, issuing reports without delay on completion.
- Ensure no loss of business due to technical service problems for allocated tasks.
- To maintain analysis records on worksheets etc. in an up to date condition at all times.
- To control individual specialist areas with the highest level of commitment achieving 100% customer satisfaction for all accounts at all times.
- To carry out duties in a safe manner that ensures not just your own health and safety, but also that of colleagues, visitors and the public.
- To comply with the company's policies and procedures, and departmental procedures, as described in the Integrated Management Systems documentation.
- Where reasonably practicable, to prevent pollution and minimise the impact of activities on the environment.
Requirements and prospects
- To be highly motivated and flexible to changes in process.
- Good time management and communication skills.
- Good communicator and can work within an energetic team.
- To carry out relevant training as and when required.
- Some prior work experience would be beneficial but not required.
- Diligent, articulate and intelligent student.
- One who has huge amounts of common sense, communicates well and can work in a team.
- Someone who isn’t afraid of hard work or a challenge.
- A student happy to put their phone away until lunch time.
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths, English and science.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.