Business, Accounting and Economics Tutor 0.6
Our Keele University International Study Centre (ISC) is looking for a Business, Economics and Accouting Tutor on a fixed term 0.6 part time contract.
In this job you'll teach Business Studies, Economics and Accounting modules/courses across our Foundation and International year 1 programmes. You'll be an enthusiastic individual and passionate about your subjects!
Keele ISC is right in the centre of the university’s campus with on-site parking available and is home to a small but passionate team. As one of our Tutors you will have the opportunity to contribute to our curriculum and teach classes of no more than 15 students.
To be suitable for this role you must be available until the end of August 2020 and be confident in teaching two of the disciplines (Business and Economics or Business and Accounting).
- To contribute to teaching in the relevant subject area/s
- To contribute to teaching on other KUISC courses where appropriate
- To ensure student punctuality, attendance and appropriate behaviour in class/teaching rooms
- To prepare detailed schemes of work in advance for all groups taught in any one term or year
- To deliver these schemes of work effectively, to set homework (minimum 1 a week) and mark and return these within 3 working days
- To maintain up to date records of student attendance, homework marks and test scores
- To make every effort to secure the best performance from each student at their level both during their course and in final exams and assessments
- To contribute to the preparation of end of term reports on and for students
- Supervise and mark Project dissertations
- To contribute to the personal tutorial provision by being a personal tutor for allocated students
- Provide cover where necessary
- To contribute to the development and/or revisions to existing courses or new courses in terms of design, content, structure, form of delivery, assessments etc.
- First degree (Upper Second or First in an appropriate subject area)
- Qualified Teacher status
- Post graduate qualifications
- Teaching relevant discipline to FE/HE Level (NQF level 3, FHEQ 4)
- Experience of teaching international Students
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link.